K-2nd Reading Level Intervention Older Learners (6th+) (Monthly)
I will not sugar-coat this. If your student is 6th grade age or older and still struggling with K-2nd grade skill gaps, you need to address this intensively. This intervention needs to be your top academic priority. All the nice extras that you’d love for them to experience will open up as realistic possibilities once we spend a year or two intensively building the foundations.
NOW is the time to invest in intensive intervention! If you will invest both the time and financial resources, the increased skills, confidence, and independence will be totally worth it.
Students who use the K-2nd Reading Level Intervention Older Learners programs as directed for at least 4-5 hours per week typically see 1 ½-3 years reading gains within the first school year.
K-2nd Reading Level Intervention Older Learners Package includes:
- Path to Success Personalized Learning Plan with online program access to
- MindPlay Virtual Reading® 15-20 minutes daily
- Lexia PowerUp Literacy®
- Word Study—15 minutes daily
- Grammar—10-15 minutes daily
- Reading Comprehension—10-15 minutes daily
- Dyslexia Gold®
- Spelling Tutor®—targets top 1000 most common words which make up 90% of written English—10 minutes daily, plus use our Daily Basic 5 Multisensory Practice about 5 minutes
- Engaging Eyes®—eye exercises for reading efficiency—10 minutes daily
- InferCabulary®–visual-based vocabulary—10 minutes daily
- Typing Club® builds typing skills with short lessons—10-15 minutes daily
- Anytime parent dashboard access
- Email support as needed
- Personalized Work Plan
- Weekly usage reports
- Trimester more detailed progress reports, plus a bonus 6-week report for new students
- Trimester 30 minute coaching call with a Success Coach, plus a bonus 6-week consult for new students
More about these programs:
MindPlay Virtual Reading® provides intensive Orton-Gillingham based phonics instruction and practice for K-3rd grade level phonics skills, plus Grammar for Meaning, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. We typically recommend 15-20 minutes daily.
Lexia PowerUp Literacy® is designed for 6th-grade and up students to fill in K-8th+ skills. 35-45 minutes weekly per strand, about 10-15 minutes 3-5x per week depending on placement. Students separately place into each of the three strands:
- Word Study—fills in any K-5th phonics gaps and then moves on to more advanced Greek and Latin word parts
- Grammar—lays foundations needed for basic grammar and then teaches more complex grammar skills
- Reading Comprehension—teaches students deeper comprehension such as how to analyze a text and identify elements of the author’s craft
Dyslexia Gold® includes these elements and you can use either or both of these that fit:
- Engaging Eyes (visual training to help the eyes better work together for reading)
- Spelling Tutor (targets top 1000 most common words which make up 90% of written English)
InferCabulary® is a visual-based vocabulary program that uses gamification to motivate students.
Typing Club® builds typing skills with short lessons.
K-2nd Reading Level Intervention Older Learners Sample Work Plan