Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 3 Expanding Paragraphs to Essays
Does your 6th-10th grade age student’s writing have the following characteristics?
If so, Wings to Soar Online Academy Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 3 online class might help!
- Development of Ideas: Complete thoughts, but basic development (few specific details)
- Organization: Paragraphs, expanded paragraphs; complete thoughts that show ordered thinking
- Sentence Structure: Complete thoughts, punctuation shows understanding of basic format; some variety in sentence structure; may see attempts at compound and/or complex sentence
- Word Choice/Usage: Personal vocabulary plus words that can be specific to the topic; will try to put in advanced words if asked
- Conventions: Fundamental use of all conventions seen; cumulative errors distract reader
- Style/Voice/Tone: Attempt to connect with audience through use of point-of-view, tone, writer’s voice
This Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 3 package includes:
- Weekly small-group 45 minute web class with 6-10 students and instructor (28weeks) starts September 18
- Four parent classes on the Teaching the Writing Process (weeks 1-4) 7:00 pm Tuesdays CST (recording will be available)
- 30 minute 1-1 coaching/modeling sessions with the instructor, parent, and student every-other-week starting in mid-October
- Access to our Writing Scaffolds – printed frameworks we have developed to help challenged students bridge the gap between an idea-in-one’s-head to an organized writing sample.
- Access to the powerful online writing feedback program PEG Writing™; and
- Access to Quill
If you are interested in this class please fill out this writing questionnaire so we can make sure it is the right level for your student.
This group class is officially closed for the 2019-2020 school year, but we may be able to arrange a 1-1 catch up option to get your student up to speed to join the group by semester.
Just-Right Writing Intervention Level 3 is a weekly, small group webcam class for 6th-10th grade students working on expanding paragraph skills.
Out of stock