Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2: Paragraph Types
Does your 6th-10th grade age student’s writing have the following characteristics?
If so, Wings to Soar Online Academy Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 class might help!
- Development of Ideas: Stream-of-thought ideas, with some developed, and some not so much making it difficult for the reader to follow
- Organization: Clusters of ideas and an attempt to organize, but not fully developed paragraphs
- Sentence Structure: Sentence fragments (may or may not be complete ideas); run-on sentences; little variety in sentences that are complete thoughts
- Word Choice/Usage: Word choices limited to personal vocabulary (used in everyday conversation)
- Conventions: Sporadic use of punctuation, capitalization, and basic rules of grammar are “hit-or-miss”
- Style/Voice/Tone: Hints of style/voice/tone, but it is underdeveloped
This Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 package includes:
- Weekly small-group 45 minute web class with 4-6 students and instructor (14 weeks)
- Four parent classes on the Teaching the Writing Process (weeks 1-4) 7:00 pm Tuesdays CST (recording will be available)
- Five 30 minute 1-1 coaching/modeling session with the instructor, parent, and student (weeks 5, 7, 9,11, 13)
- Access to our Writing Scaffolds – printed frameworks we have developed to help challenged students bridge the gap between an idea-in-one’s-head to an organized writing sample.
- Access to the powerful online writing feedback program PEG Writing™; and
- Access to diagnostic, student-centered online program Moby Max™ Language and Vocabulary
Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 meets either Monday 9:45-10:30 CST OR Monday 1:45-2:30 CST September 4-December 14, 2018.
September 4-14: (Wk 1-2)
The Writing Process
- Prewriting, Drafting, Polishing/Publishing
September 17-28 (Wk 3-4)
Sentences & Paragraph Parts
- Sentence Variety, Topic & Clincher Sentences, Supporting Details
October 1-12 (Wk 5, 6)
Summary and Reasons Paragraphs
October 15-26 (Wk 7, 8)
October 29-November 9 (Wk 9,10)
Example and Textual Evidence Paragraphs
November 12-16 & 26-30 (Wk 11-12)
Narrative and Descriptive Paragraphs
NO CLASS November 19-23
December 3-14 (Wk 13-14)
Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 is a weekly, small group webcam class for 6th-10th grade students working on paragraph skills.