Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2: Paragraph Types
Does your 5th-10th grade age student’s writing have the following characteristics?
If so, Wings to Soar Online Academy Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 class might help!
- Development of Ideas: Stream-of-thought ideas, with some developed, and some not so much making it difficult for the reader to follow
- Organization: Clusters of ideas and an attempt to organize, but not fully developed paragraphs
- Sentence Structure: Sentence fragments (may or may not be complete ideas); run-on sentences; little variety in sentences that are complete thoughts
- Word Choice/Usage: Word choices limited to personal vocabulary (used in everyday conversation)
- Conventions: Sporadic use of punctuation, capitalization, and basic rules of grammar are “hit-or-miss”
- Style/Voice/Tone: Hints of style/voice/tone, but it is underdeveloped
This Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 package includes:
- Weekly small-group 45 minute live web class (also recorded) with 4-8 students and instructor (14 weeks)
- Recorded, web-based parent discussion groups on writing strategies, online apps, supporting your child (weeks 1-4)
- Six 30 minute 1-1 coaching/modeling session with the instructor, parent, and student (weeks 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13)
- Daily assignments in our learning management system
- Writing Scaffolds – printed frameworks we have developed to help challenged students bridge the gap between brainstorming to organized writing.
- Access to the powerful online writing feedback program PEG Writing™; and
- Access to diagnostic, student-centered online program Moby Max™ Language and Vocabulary
- Writing Skills A workbook to work on building stronger sentences
If you are interested in this class please fill out this writing questionnaire so we can make sure it is the right level for your student. We only have 8 openings in this class in total, so if you are interested, we need to get your child signed up soon.
Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 meets Monday 11-11:45 CST February 4-May 17, 2019.
(No class April 1-5 for spring break).
The Writing Process
- Prewriting, Drafting, Polishing/Publishing
Sentences & Paragraph Parts
- Sentence Variety, Topic & Clincher Sentences, Supporting Details
Wk 5, 6
Summary and Reasons Paragraphs
Wk 7, 8
Fact vs. Opinion Paragraphs
Persuasive Writing: Letters
Just-Right Online Writing Intervention Level 2 is a weekly, small group webcam class for 5th-10th grade students working on paragraph skills.
If you need the payment plan, the cost is $136 in 4 payments due February 1, March 1, April 1, May 1.