How does your program work?
I’m Beth Ellen Nash, the founder of Wings to Soar Online Academy. Watch this short welcome video for a quick overview of what we offer at Wings to Soar Online Academy.
If you are like me and prefer to read rather than watch a video:
|I’m Beth Ellen Nash and I founded Wings to Soar Online Academy. Our passion is helping dyslexics and other outside-the-box learners. We help them gain the skills and confidence to not just survive but thrive in school and in life.|
My staff and I help outside-the-box learners break the chains of shame, failure, and inadequacy that so often surround learning challenges. We empower outside-the-box learners to become the best versions of themselves. We help them embrace their unique wiring and its flip-side strengths.
While we specialize in dyslexia intervention, we love helping families thrive. We do this through our whole-person, personalized approach to education.
Are you looking for homeschooling programs for a child with special needs? Do you have a child who is an outside-the-box learner? Do you have concerns about your child’s learning? Need after-school intervention?
Enroll in only the portions of our curriculum you need
- Personalized Learning Plans for reading, spelling, language, vocabulary, and math intervention
- We use a custom combination of effective online programs for each student. These may include Fast ForWord, Reading Horizons, Dyslexia Gold, Lexia, Headsprout, Reading Plus, and more.
- Self-Paced Independent Study Courses
- All academic areas K to 12th-grade level.
- Choose whether you’d like a report and our teacher’s eyes on your child’s work quarterly or weekly.
- Small group webcam classes – We’ve designed these courses with students with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, in mind. We further personalize to the needs of each student.
- Just-Right™ Writing Intervention for 4th-12th-grade age students
- Integrated Liberal Studies weaves together social studies, literature, composition, and study skills.
- Biology and Life Science fall 2019
So how does this whole process work?
Request FREE Just-Right Level Placement Assessments
Personalized Learning Guide PDF
After you submit the assessment request form watch for an email with a link to a comprehensive PDF. It is a Personalized Learning Guide based on what you say on your initial request form. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder, and if you find it there, mark it as NOT spam so you receive future emails from us. It has links to the offline assessments you requested. It also includes links to articles I’ve written about your learning concerns.
Within 1-3 business days, our staff will set your child up in the online assessments you requested. Watch for an email with instructions and login information. These assessments with help us identify your child’s skill gaps. We’ll back down to their just-right level so they can be independently successful.
Do these assessments over the next few days when your child is fresh, alert, and able to give their best focus. Do NOT help, other than to encourage them to do their best. The assessments are adaptive. Your help will artificially move them into material that is too difficult.
Then pop me an email ([email protected]) and let me know to look for your assessment results. I may recommend 1-3 more assessments based on the initial assessment information.
Personalized Learning Plan Trial
I’ll send recommendations for your child’s Personalized Learning Plan based on:
- the information on your assessment request form
- the results of your child’s assessment
- and any extra information you choose to share.
Your child can try out the recommended online programs for a week or two to make sure they are the right fit. We’ll tweak as needed based on your child’s response.
This link is an overview of the intervention programs we may recommend.
How much does it cost?
Your commitment can be as little as month-to-month. Most of our reading, spelling, language, and vocabulary intervention plans are $197-227 per month. Or you can choose cost savings with a 4-12 month full-payment up front. We offer a multi-child discount.
Popular Reading and Language Arts Packages
Ready to finally have your struggling reader take off? Your mission should you choose to accept it is to partner with Wings to Soar and use your child’s Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan to help your child make a year or more gains in reading, spelling, vocabulary, and language in the next 6 months.
Our Intervention Specialist will guide you to a mix of 3-6 programs chosen to meet your child’s needs from Lexia®, InferCabulary®, Spelling Tutor®, Wings to Soar Spelling Foundations™ in Spelling City®, Moby Max®, RAZ Plus®, Headsprout®, Fluency Builder®, Engaging Eyes®, and HearBuilder®. Your child’s work plan will include 60-75 minutes daily with 10-20 minutes in each program starting at their Just-Right™ Level.
Here are our most popular Reading and Language Arts Packages. If you are eager to get started, you can choose to purchase your first month with these links. We can tweak from these starter packages to create your child’s own Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan.
Pre K-3rd Grade Level
4th-5th Grade Level by Age
6th-12th Grade Level by Age
Even our full-enrollment or intensive intervention options are comparable to the cost of 2-3 hours of weekly tutoring:
- Core Full-Enrollment ($227-697 monthly)
- Brain Boost Breakthrough™ Dyslexia Intensive Intervention
- Does your child have dyslexia and learning is just too hard? Your mission should you choose to accept is to target the root causes of their learning difficulty with our Brain Boost Breakthrough™. Your child’s brain will make lasting changes to process information more efficiently so that reading, listening, and all other learning becomes easier. In addition, your child will make a year or more gains in reading in the next 4-6 months.
- Prepare the foundation for your child’s reading success by targeting the auditory processing, memory, attention, processing speed, sequencing, phonological awareness, and phonetic gaps that have been holding them back from taking off in reading.
- Includes Fast ForWord and 2 or 3 carefully chosen reading intervention programs, plus extra coaching support.
- $397 monthly