How does your program work?
I’m Beth Ellen Nash, the founder of Wings to Soar Online Academy. Watch this short welcome video for a quick overview of what we offer at Wings to Soar Online Academy and answer a bit about “How does your program work?”
If you are like me and prefer to read rather than watch a video:
|I’m Beth Ellen Nash and I founded Wings to Soar Online Academy. Our passion is helping dyslexics and other outside-the-box learners. We help them gain the skills and confidence to not just survive but thrive in school and in life.|
My staff and I help outside-the-box learners break the chains of shame, failure, and inadequacy that so often surround learning challenges. We empower outside-the-box learners to become the best versions of themselves. We help them embrace their unique wiring and its flip-side strengths.
While we specialize in dyslexia intervention, we love helping families thrive. We do this through our whole-person, personalized approach to education.
Are you looking for homeschooling programs for a child with special needs? Do you have a child who is an outside-the-box learner? Do you have concerns about your child’s learning? Need after-school intervention?
Enroll in only the portions of our curriculum you need
- Personalized Learning Plans for reading, spelling, language, vocabulary, and math intervention
- We use a custom combination of effective online programs for each student. These may include Fast ForWord, MindPlay, Lexia, Reading Horizons, Dyslexia Gold, Headsprout, Reading Plus, Moby Max, InferCabulary, Typing Club, HearBuilder, and more.
- Here are a few of our Most Popular Packages .
- When students work in their personalized reading and language arts learning plan 4-7 hours per week, we typically see 1 ½-3 years or more skills gains within the first school year.
- Self-Paced Independent Study Courses
- All academic areas K to 12th-grade level.
- Parent-monitored, teacher-monitored, and 1-1 support options are available.
- Small group webcam classes – We’ve designed these courses with students with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, in mind. We further personalize to the needs of each student.
- Just-Right™ Writing Intervention for 4th-12th-grade age students (full)
- Integrated Liberal Studies weaves together social studies, literature, composition, and study skills. (full)
- Physical Science and Life Science/Biology fall 2020 (full)
- Fundamentals of Math
- Becoming the Me I Wanna Be for teen girls–starts January 6
So how does this whole process work?
Request FREE Just-Right Level Placement Assessments
Personalized Learning Guide PDF
After you submit the assessment request form watch for an email with a link to a comprehensive PDF. It is a Personalized Learning Guide based on what you say on your initial request form. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder, and if you find it there, mark it as NOT spam so you receive future emails from us. It has links to the offline assessments you requested. It also includes links to articles I’ve written about your learning concerns.
Within 1-3 business days, our staff will set your child up in the online academic placement assessments you requested. Watch for an email with instructions and login information. These assessments with help us identify your child’s skill gaps. We’ll back down to their just-right level so they can be independently successful.
Do these assessments over the next few days when your child is fresh, alert, and able to give their best focus. Do NOT help, other than to encourage them to do their best. The assessments are adaptive. Your help will artificially move them into material that is too difficult.
Then pop me an email ([email protected]) and let my team know to look for your assessment results.
2-Week Jump Start
When we send your child’s academic assessment results, we’ll invite you to sign up for our $97 2-Week Jump Start. This will be a Path to Success Personalized Learning Plan created for your child based on:
- the information on your assessment request form
- the results of your child’s assessment
- and any extra information you choose to share.
Our team will use your child’s initial academic assessment results to create a Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan for whichever subjects you are interested in.
During your Getting Started week, will start with any additional placement assessments needed based on the initial assessments and get a taste of each of the programs.
During the Ramp Up week, our plan will ease gradually in to using all the components of Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan.
How much does it cost?
Your commitment can be as little as month-to-month. Most of our reading, spelling, language, and vocabulary intervention plans are $127 or $197 per month. This depends on if you choose our parent-monitored or teacher-supported options. Or you can choose cost savings with semester, 9 or 12 month full-payment up front. We offer military, financial hardship, multi-child, full-time Christian ministry, and multiple special needs adoptions discounts/partial scholarships.
Given that we customize a package for each student, full-enrollment options range from $597-6997 for the year. (The lower end would be for a child who does not have dyslexia or other learning challenges and would not include intervention programs). Most full-enrollment packages including intervention are in the $2497-4997 range.
Comparable to Cost of Tutoring
Even our full-enrollment or intensive intervention options are comparable to the cost of 2-3 hours of weekly tutoring:
- Core Full-Enrollment ($247-697 monthly)
- Brain Boost Breakthrough™ Dyslexia Intensive Intervention
- Does your child have dyslexia and learning is just too hard? Your mission should you choose to accept is to target the root causes of their learning difficulty with our Brain Boost Breakthrough™. Your child’s brain will make lasting changes to process information more efficiently so that reading, listening, and all other learning becomes easier. In addition, your child will make a year or more gains in reading in the next 4-6 months.
- Prepare the foundation for your child’s reading success by targeting the auditory processing, memory, attention, processing speed, sequencing, phonological awareness, and phonetic gaps that have been holding them back from taking off in reading.
- Includes Fast ForWord and 3-5 carefully chosen reading and language arts intervention programs, plus extra coaching support.
- $397 monthly