How does your program work?
I’m Beth Ellen Nash, the founder of Wings to Soar Online Academy. Watch this short welcome video for a quick overview of what we believe at Wings to Soar Online Academy and answer a bit about “How does your program work?”
If you’d like more detailed information about how our program works, please watch this recording of our Virtual Open House with our founder.
If you are like me and prefer to read rather than watch a video:
Are you looking for homeschooling programs for a child with special needs?
I’m Beth Ellen Nash and I founded Wings to Soar Online Academy. Our passion is helping dyslexics and other outside-the-box learners. We help them gain the skills and confidence to not just survive but thrive in school and in life.
My staff and I help outside-the-box learners break the chains of shame, failure, and inadequacy that so often surround learning challenges. We empower outside-the-box learners to become the best versions of themselves. We help them embrace their unique wiring and its flip-side strengths.
While we specialize in dyslexia intervention, we love helping families thrive. We do this through our whole-person, personalized approach to education.
Enroll in only the portions of our curriculum you need
- Personalized Learning Plans for reading, spelling, language, vocabulary, and math intervention
- We use a custom combination of effective online programs for each student. These may include Fast ForWord, MindPlay, Lexia, Dyslexia Gold, Headsprout, Reading Plus, Moby Max, InferCabulary, Typing Club, HearBuilder, Math Whizz, Edgenuity MyPath, Edgenuity Coursware, Acellus, and more.
- Menu of Package Options.
- When students work in their personalized reading and language arts learning plan 5 to 7 hours per week, we typically see 1.5 to 3 years or more skills gains within the first school year.
- Self-Paced Independent Study Courses
- All academic areas K to 12th-grade level.
- Parent-monitored, teacher-monitored, and 1-1 support options are available.
- Small group webcam classes – We’ve designed these courses with students with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, in mind. We further personalize to meet the needs of each student.
- Just-Right™ Writing Intervention for 4th-12th-grade age students
- Integrated Liberal Studies weaves together social studies, composition, presentation, and study skills for high school level.
- Middle and High School Science classes
- Math Intervention classes
- Personal Development
So how does this whole process work?
Request Just-Right Level Placement Assessments
The first step is to purchase your child’s Just-Right ™ Level Assessment assessments. On the thank you page be sure to also fill out the Assessment Request Form so we have the information we need about your child to set up their assessments.
If you request the Just-Right Level academic placement assessments for your student or the Just-Right Level academic placement assessments PLUS the cognitive skills assessment, our staff will set your child up in the online academic placement assessments you requested within 1-3 business days. Watch for an email with instructions and login information. These assessments will help us identify your child’s skill gaps. We’ll back down to their just-right level so they can be independently successful.
We lay out a plan over the course of 3 days for your student to do these assessments so they can do their best on each part. (You can spread it out over up to 2-weeks, if needed. Have your student do these when they are fresh, alert, and able to give their best focus. Do NOT help, other than to encourage them to do their best and make sure they understand the instructions. The assessments are adaptive. Your help will artificially move them into material that is too difficult.
Then send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let our team know to look for your assessment results.
2-Week Jump Start
When we send your child’s academic assessment results, we’ll invite you to sign up for our $147 2-Week Jump Start. This will be a Path to Success Personalized Learning Plan created for your child based on:
- the information on your Jump Start registration form
- the results of your child’s assessment
- and any extra information you choose to share.
Our team will use your child’s initial academic assessment results to create a Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan for whichever subjects you are interested in.
During your Getting Started week, our plan will ease gradually into using all the components of their independent programs in their Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan.
During the second Ramp Up week, your student will try out all the independent programs as we recommend they use them on their Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan.
How much does it cost?
Your commitment can be as little as month-to-month. We have packages starting at $147 per month and on up depending on the intensity of intervention and the level of support you choose. You may also choose cost savings with semester, or 9 month full-payments up front. We offer military, financial hardship, multi-child, full-time Christian ministry, and multiple special needs adoptions discounts.
Given that we customize a package for each student, full-enrollment options typically range from $8-15K for the core school year. We do offer intervention only options as well.
Comparable to Cost of Tutoring
With our intervention options your child’s brain gets 5-10 hours of time to build their skills for roughly the cost of 2-3 hours of weekly tutoring:
- Path to Success™ Personalized Reading and Language Arts ($147-247 monthly)
- Brain Boost Breakthrough™ Dyslexia Intensive Intervention ($247 monthly)
- Does your child have dyslexia and learning is just too hard? Your mission should you choose to accept is to target the root causes of their learning difficulty with our Brain Boost Breakthrough™. Your child’s brain will make lasting changes to process information more efficiently so that reading, listening, and all other learning becomes easier. In addition, your child will make a year or more gains in reading in the next 4-6 months.
- Prepare the foundation for your child’s reading success by targeting the auditory processing, memory, attention, processing speed, and sequencing that have been holding them back from taking off in reading.
- Includes Fast ForWord and monthly Success Coaching support.
We are here to help
Please send us an email at email@example.com if you have questions. If you’d like to discuss what would be a good fit for your family for your student’s personalized learning plan with Wings to Soar, use this link to schedule a complimentary Path to Success™ Consultation.