Fast ForWord Plus Intensive Intervention (12 months)
This Fast ForWord Plus Intensive Intervention is recommended for students with auditory processing concerns who are also significantly behind in reading and also have concerns in one or more of the cognitive skills of memory, attention, processing speed, and sequencing.
- Fast ForWord™ provides a more intensive intervention starting with two modules (each take roughly 10-14 weeks). These modules build the foundational auditory processing, memory, attention, processing speed, and sequencing cognitive skills needed for reading. It is followed by modules that continue to apply those cognitive skills to reading and other language skills. Recommended protocol 30-50 minutes 5x per week.
- Reading Horizons™ (Elevate or Discovery depending on age) provides intensive Orton-Gillingham based phonics, plus leveled reading practice. 20-25 minutes 5x per week
We’ll choose 2-4 from the following:
- Lexia™–well-rounded reading intervention targeting phonics, structural analysis, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency 20-25 minutes
- Headsprout™–phonics-based lessons with controlled readers, then targeted comprehension lessons 10-20 minutes
- RAZ Plus™–online, audio-supported library of leveled readers K-6th level 10-20 minutes
- HearBuilder™–exercises that work on phonological awareness, auditory memory, sequencing, and following directions 10-20 minutes
- BrainWare SAFARI™–Many students would benefit from this cognitive skills training. It boosts attention, memory, processing speed, sequencing, planning, and more which helps make all the other interventions more effective. 30 minutes 5x per week first 12 weeks, then less intensive
- Bonus: We include Moby Max that you may choose to use as a light curriculum for science and social studies (and possibly math) at the elementary level while you focus intensively on cognitive skills and reading intervention for a year or so.
- Moby Max for helping to fill in math, number sense, math facts, vocabulary, and/or language skill gaps, in addition to basic curriculum for social studies and science.
This Auditory Processing and Dyslexia Intensive Intervention Fast ForWord Plus package includes:
- 12 months online program access to Fast ForWord and whichever combination of our reading and language arts programs our Intervention Specialist recommends for your student.
- Weekly reports on student usage in programs
- More detailed quarterly progress reports
- Coaching calls with our Intervention Specialist– During initial 2 months 4-5 20-40 minute coaching calls followed by coaching calls every 3-4 weeks
This 12-month full-pay option provides an $300 savings over the 3-month option.
This Auditory Processing and Dyslexia Intensive Intervention Fast ForWord Plus is recommended for students with auditory processing concerns who are also significantly behind in reading and also have concerns in one or more of the cognitive skills of memory, attention, processing speed, and sequencing.
It includes 12 months online program access to Fast ForWord, BrainWare SAFARI, Reading Horizons, Moby Max, and 1-3 additional programs tailored to your student’s needs. It also includes coaching and reporting.
This 12-month full-pay option provides an $800 savings over the 3-month option.