6th-12th grade reading and language arts package (monthly)
6th-12th grade reading level package includes:
- Personalized Work Plan with online program access to:
- Reading Plus
- Lexia PowerUp Literacy (followed by Edgenuity’s MyPath Reading and Language Arts)
- Spelling Tutor
- Anytime parent dashboard access
- Email support as needed
- Weekly usage reports
- Quarterly more detailed progress reports
- Quarterly 20-30 minute coaching call with our Intervention Specialist
More about these programs:
Reading Plus has three sections which address
- fluency and comprehension (SeeReader) 12-20 minutes
- vocabulary (ReadAround) 7-12 minutes
- eye-tracking exercises to improve visual tracking (iBalance) 0-10 minutes
Lexia PowerUp Literacy is designed for 6th-grade and up students to fill in K-8th+ skills. While it officially only goes through 8th-grade level skills, many adults would say they never learned many of the more advanced skills until high school, if ever. Students separately place into each of the three strands. 10 to 15 minutes 2 to 3 times per week are recommended based on placement.
- Word Study—fills in any K-5th phonics gaps and then moves on to more advanced Greek and Latin word parts
- Grammar—lays foundations needed for basic grammar and then teaches more complex grammar skills
- Reading Comprehension—teaches students deeper comprehension such as how to analyze a text and identify elements of the author’s craft
InferCabulary provides a visual approach to learning vocabulary. Students are motivated by the gamification built in. We recommend about 10 minutes daily.
Spelling Tutor–For students who have not yet mastered the top 1000 most common words that make up 90% of the words in written English, we start in Spelling Tutor.
6th-12th Grade Reading Level Sample Work Plan
Many students at this level are ready for our Just-Right Level Writing Intervention course at level II or III in addition to the reading and language arts skills work in this package.