6th-12th grade reading level package (monthly)
6th-12th grade reading level package includes:
- Personalized Work Plan with online program access to:
- Reading Plus
- Lexia Power Up Literacy
- Wordly Wise 3000 online
- Anytime parent dashboard access
- Email support as needed
- Weekly usage reports for Reading Plus and Lexia
- Quarterly more detailed progress reports
- Quarterly 20-30 minute coaching call with our Intervention Specialist
More about these programs:
Reading Plus has three sections which address
- fluency and comprehension (SeeReader) 12-20 minutes
- vocabulary (ReadAround) 7-12 minutes
- eye-tracking exercises to improve visual tracking (iBalance) 0-10 minutes
Lexia Power Up Literacy is designed for 6th-grade and up students to fill in K-8th+ skills. While it supposedly only goes up through 8th-grade level skills, many adults would say they never learned many of these skills until high school, if ever. Students separately place into each of the three strands. 10-15 minutes 2-3x per week recommended based on placement.
- Word Study—fills in any K-5th phonics gaps and then moves on to more advanced Greek and Latin word parts
- Grammar—lays foundations needed for basic grammar and then teaches more complex grammar skills
- Reading Comprehension—teaches students deeper comprehension such as how to analyze a text and identify elements of the author’s craft
Wordly Wise provides deep instruction in vocabulary including multiple meanings and nuances with application to reading comprehension. We recommend one lesson per week in Wordly Wise which typically takes about 15-20 minutes daily.
Pricing $70 per month or $660 for the year.