3rd-5th Reading Intervention Older Learners (6th+) (Monthly)
Students who use the 3rd-5th Reading Intervention Older Learners (6th+) programs as directed for at least 4 hours per week typically see 1.5 to 3 years of gains in their reading within the first school year.
3rd-5th Reading Intervention Older Learners (6th+) package includes:
- Path to Success™ Personalized Learning Plan online program access to
- Lexia PowerUp Literacy®—35 to 45 minutes weekly per strand, about 10 to 15 minutes 3 to 5 times per week depending on placement
- Word Study/Advanced Phonics
- Reading Comprehension
- Dyslexia Gold®
- Spelling Tutor®—targets top 1000 most common words which make up 90% of written English—10 minutes daily, plus use our Daily Basic 5 Multi-sensory Practice for 5 minutes each day
- Engaging Eyes®—eye exercises for reading efficiency—10 minutes daily (if you have visual tracking concerns)
- Fluency Builder®—phonics review and fluency practice—10 minutes daily
- InferCabulary®–visual-based vocabulary—10 minutes daily
- Typing Club® builds typing skills with short lessons—10-15 minutes daily
- Moby Max®—short instruction and practice sets to fill in skill gaps and teach core skills; use any or all of these components to fill grammar, usage, and mechanics skill gaps, build vocabulary, build reading comprehension skills, phonics and word study, writer’s workshop
- Anytime parent dashboard access
- Email support as needed
- Weekly usage reports
- Quarterly more detailed progress reports
- Quarterly 20 to 30 minute coaching call with our Intervention Specialist
More about these programs:
Lexia PowerUp Literacy® is designed for 6th-grade and up students to fill in K-8th+ skills. 35 to 45 minutes weekly per strand, about 10 to 15 minutes 3 to 5 times per week depending on placement. Students separately place into each of the three strands:
- Word Study—fills in any K-5th phonics gaps and then moves on to more advanced Greek and Latin word parts
- Grammar—lays foundations needed for basic grammar and then teaches more complex grammar skills
- Reading Comprehension—teaches students deeper comprehension such as how to analyze a text and identify elements of the author’s craft
InferCabulary® is a visual-based vocabulary program that uses gamification to motivate students.
Dyslexia Gold® includes 3 elements and you can use any or all of these that fit:
- Fluency Builder® (phonological awareness, phonics, and fluency)
- Engaging Eyes® (visual training to help the eyes better work together for reading)
- Spelling Tutor® (targets top 1000 most common words which make up 90% of written English)
Typing Club® builds typing skills through short lessons.
Moby Max® is excellent for filling in skill gaps up through the 8th grade level. It starts with diagnostic placement assessments and then provides mini-lessons and short practice sets to fill in skill gaps and teach core skills. Use any or all of these components:
- Moby Max Writer’s Workshop mini-lessons teaching students skills to write in a variety of genres and provides mini-practice application exercises. The parent does need to provide feedback to the student as teacher-feedback on the writing is not included in this package.
- Moby Max Reading Skills Informational and Moby Max Reading Skills Literature provide targeted mini-lessons to build different types of comprehension skills.
- Moby Max Foundational Reading to fill in K-5th phonetic gaps.
- Moby Max Language to fill in K-8th grammar, usage, and mechanics gaps.
- Moby Max Phonics and Spelling Rules to fill in K-6th phonetic-based spelling.
3rd-5th Reading Intervention Older Learners Sample Work Plan